Getting P.SQL 2000 to run on Win7 XP Mode

We have discovered our old accounting software (Macola) will not run on Windows 7. My brother suggested installing XP Mode. It almost works.

After getting the XP Mode installed and running I installed the software with no error messages.

When running the software it appears to start normally. A splash screen for the main app appears followed by the P.SQL 2000 splash screen. Then I get a couple of errorbox messages that, to me, indicate there is a problem finding the data. The first errorbox says, "Error 011 on file: M:\MACOLA70\SCREENS\SYSPASS.BTR - Invalid drive specified". After clicking OK a second errorbox says, "System Error: File SYSPASS.BTR is not open". Of course, the second error is understandable because of the first error where it couldn't find the drive.

*The Windows7 machine and the XP Mode machine are both members of the domain.

*I am using Domain Admin credentials for my testing so it should not be a permissions issue.

*Drive M: is present on both the Win7 and XP Mode machines. I can open the drive and the MACOLA70 folder, the SCREENS folder and I can see and view the properties of the SYSPASS.BTR file.

*I can use the Pervasive Monitor utility to connect to the server and view the Active Files and Active Users information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-kaw-
    Attached Files Attached Files

I have seen that error if the Embedded Spaces option in the Pervasive Configuration Utility is set to "On." Check the client setting and make sure it is "Off". THen retry the application. Also, while that message is on the screen, use the Pervasive Function Executor to open the same file. If it opens, the error is a Macola error and not a Pervasive error.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Progress

Thank you that suggestion. However, the Embedded Spaces option was already turned off.

I have made progress this morning. I was almost certain the problem is a drive mapping issue. I delete all of my mapped drives and re-established the mapping and I was able to successfully open the program and navigate the main menu.

Trying to launch one of the applications still returned a similar error message. But, at least I know now what the issue is and the resolution.

-kerry

Does Function Executor open the file when the error is displayed?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.