Unanswered: M2M Selection of forms

Hi - the current database i am working on has 13 forms which can be used to capture data against a customer. I therefore have 13 m2m boxes on a sheet where the forms can be created and linked.

Is there anyway that I can combine these so that I have 1 m2m box from which you can select and create anyone of the 13 forms, or is there another way round this?

thanks
    Paul

As far as I know one m2m cannot hold different set of form records . But you can free link different form records into a record. However let us see any brilliant guru come up with solution!

Provided Answers: 4
    Need screen shot or database. I cant understand, i am not brilliant guru

Why you use 13 different form for collecting same data.

Maybe you can put 13 M2M to top of each other. And show required one with visibility rules.

M2M Selection of forms

Hi - attached is the screen dump of the sheet. Each m2m links to a form which is a working paper, each of the working papers are different, each working paper can be used multiple times or not at all. For this reason I can't use just one form with all the information on.

The m2m's work ok, I would just prefer to have on m2m box.

Thanks
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails m2m links.jpg  

Maybe you can use variables, then from the list select any m2m you need ..?!

Provided Answers: 17
    A “Many To Many” can only contain 1 type of form. So, there is no way to do what you want with a Many 2 Many because of the way you have designed the program around 13 forms.

You need to use a Simple Relation Field.

Just stack a bunch of them underneath each other on your form and click on each one to populate it with whatever record you want.

See the attached screen shot. I have 4 different form types, and I populated 3 Simple Relation Fields with 3 different types of forms.

Regards
    James.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails simple-relation.jpg  

Thanks James, however, it could be the case that we need 3 versions of form 1 and none of form 2, so i think the m2m are the best options.

Thanks the help.

Provided Answers: 2
    Paul,
    Here is what I did... my folder currently has four different Many-To-Many Relationship (MMR) forms (see attached). The visibility of each form is controlled by visibility rules (thanks Tubbritt for your help with the 'Refresh' function!). I may be adding additional MMRs to this later depending upon other functions. Some of the current functions use the same MMR whereas others use a unique MMR. So far, everything works really well. This procedure would work equally well with 13 forms also.

Caveat: I have a total of two months of experience with Brilliant Database so my knowledge level is extremely limited.
    Daryl G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails multiple mmr.jpg