Unanswered: Subscription expire

Hi,

I would like to know if I change the no of days in publication properties in General tab "Subscription expire and may be dropped if not synchronized in the following number of days. Replication meta data is kept for this amount of time". Will the subscription be reinitialised?

If so how can I avoid reinitialising the subscriber when I change the number of days?

Thanks in advance
    Sanketh

Provided Answers: 11
    If you increase it, the subscription will not be changed. If you decrease it you may inadvertently expire the subscription, which would require a re-synchronization. If you do increase the expiration period in the subscription properties, remember to also change the distributor's properties, so the distributor will hold on to the records for the minimum required time. If the distributor is not updated with the increased time, the records will be purged from the distribution database, and the subscription will need to be re-synchronized from a snapshot.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. You have mentioned about changing distributor's property. Can you please tell me how and what property should I change?

Also if I increase it will this effect only I subscribe new one and the existing one will have the same expire days. Suppose initially if its 7 and if I increase this to 20, the new subscription takes 20 and existing takes 7. Is that so?

Thanks,
    Sanketh
    Last edited by sankethtb; 02-05-13 at 05:55. Reason: added

Provided Answers: 11
    I forget the exact name of the setting, but look for a record retention setting on the distributor. By default, the distributor only holds records to be distributed for 72 hours.

Individual subscribers can be configured to expire at different times.