Unanswered: Cluster IP for purescale

Hello Everyone,

I have a V10.1 purescale cluster with two linux (RHEL) hosts. For the purposes of high availability I need to make virtual IP which may belong to either node so clients will use this IP for connections. The RSCT software that comes with purescale seems to have this functionality, however it is not explicitly described anywhere in DB2 manual.
    Maybe anyone had experience with this? Or is it better to use linux package heartbeat?

Provided Answers: 1
    If you do so, the pureScale workload balancing may not work. I think you'll be better off using members' actual IP addresses and let DB2 handle failover and WLB.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Ok, but let's assume the situation when client uses e.g. <CF1 IP> and host CF1 fails. Than I have to reconfigure DB2 clients to use <CF2 IP>. I was hoping to have single point of entry into Purescale.

Provided Answers: 1
    Not sure what "CF1" means; if it is for the cluster cache facility, then you don't connect to it.

When an application connects to any member, it receives from it a list of all members' IP addresses, along with their workload level. If a connection fails at some point, the driver knows where to try a failover connection. It's all completely transparent and you don't need to configure anything.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.