Unanswered: Problem with Subform

Been having a problem entering data into my subforms. Changed them to hold a combo box but am still not able to pull up a list or enter new data. All relationships are one to many and appear to be working correctly. Need to figure this out soon as I have to set up a job for a realty company soon.

Provided Answers: 19
    Are the Subforms base on a single Table or on Queries with multiple Tables? Multiple-table Queries frequently are Read-Only.

The fact that you cannot make a selection from your Comboboxes indicates that the Subforms are, indeed, either Read-Only or, have their AllowEdits Property set to 'No.'

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

The Subform is based on a single table. The AllowEdits is set at yes and ReadOnly is off, as are all locks. Before I changed to the combo box the subform was giving me a error message that the field could not be updated. These subforms have been a major pain but need them.

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by chelsea3091 View Post

...Before I changed to the combo box the subform was giving me a error message that the field could not be updated...
    If you're saying that the Combobox is Bound to a Field that Access says cannot be updated, that explains why the Combobox cannot have a selection made from it!

Can any of the other Controls on the Subform be edited/updated?

What are the AllowAdditions/AllowEdits Properties set to on the Main Form?

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Once I added the combo box I quit receiving the error message. The error message was basicly saying that the locks were on but were not. All properties are set to yes. In the form things can be changed and updated. Nothing in the subform can be changed unless I put it in at the table. I am pretty new at this. Used 2000 but been a very long time and things are very different. I'm learning as I go. This is the one kink I haven't been able to figure out.