Hi,

I'm designing a lecture room booking system. One of my tables is the request table:

request_id
pref_room
module_code
semester
week
weekday
timeslot
lecture_type
park
number_students
number_rooms
facilities
additional_requests

and here is the facilities table:

facility_id
facility_name

The request table gets filled out when a logged in member of staff submits a booking form on the website (using php).
On the booking form most of the options are single value which is convenient, but this is not the case for "week" and "facilities".
There are 15 possible weeks to choose from by check boxes, and about 10 facilities.
The weeks is not a problem because I will split the request into separate entries into the request table, so there is a separate booking for every week. But if a user wants 3 different facilities I'm not sure how to represent this in the table.
Basically if the user clicks facilities 1, 2 and 4, these all need to be represented in the request so that central admin knows to look for a room that has all the required characteristics.

I COULD have a field for every single facility in the requests table, and use a binary 1/0 value to show which facilities are wanted, but hopefully someone can tell me a better way?

Thank you in advance for any help I can get