Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Unable to Pull Values From MMR Form

I have a folder that contains a Many-to-Many Relational Field (MMR) form. I have specified the exact folder that I am looking for within the script; however, I am unable to pull the contents of the MMR form. When I attempt to do the logical thing, I keep getting errors (I am using 'Records from Field'). Similar scripting already exists within this program but this newest addition simply will not work. Please help!!!

Hi!
    You cannot pull the records from a many to many relational field by specifying the folder alone.

First get the records of that folder into a variable.
    Then use For each loop and get the records in the many to many relational field of each record.
    Join all the records by Recordset boolean.

asokram,
    That is exactly my problem - I cannot get the records. The folder containing these records is identified but when I try to set the variable up to pull the records, all I get is an error statement. I already have several MMR's that I am pulling from in the program... and those work. When I try to replicate those earlier actions (with new variables, of course), things simply do not work and I am (again) at a complete loss on how to proceed.

I am sure that the solution to this is basic but without knowing what that solution is, I cannot proceed. Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Daryl G
    Last edited by fireant911; 02-10-13 at 14:56.

Provided Answers: 4
    Put screenshot of script, may be we can solve problem.

MacHeuS,
    Thanks. Attached are two scripts that go with this (attachment 1 and attachment 2). The first script (attachment 1) allows the user to select a value from a list ($course_to_check_global) and it stores it in a separate MMR (temp_storage_MMR). This was assigned a variable also - I suspect all five lines of this work... at least they seem to work. The second script (attachment 2) is the problem exists. Line 5 is what DOES NOT work - I need for it to pull the records from the earlier value but I keep getting error statements and no values. For example, if I first select 'Industrial Engineering Technician' (attachment 3 - this uses the script in attachment 1), I need to capture all five courses that make up this position (attachment 4). Please help because I think I know how to handle the next scripting required but I cannot move forward until I am able to capture the courses.

The purpose of this particular scripting is to look at the people that are assigned a particular position ('Industrial Engineering Technician' in the example case) and compare the training courses that these individuals have completed to those courses required for that position (SE-100, SE-102, SE-107, SE-109, and SE-201 - these are the five courses required for the position).
    Sincerely,
    Daryl G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails first sheet.jpg   pull_courses.jpg   select title.jpg   example.jpg  

I have gone back into my scripting again and copied the scripting used in another part of the program that does the same type of behavior that I am trying to use (I only changed the naming of the variables)... yet it STILL refuses to cooperate. I just receive the following error statement:

2:12:57 PM error Script error on line 5: The action can be executed only with the 'Job Titles' record type.
    Action: [$pull_courses] = Records from Field("Job Titles: courses_MMR", "All records in the field")

Can someone please help me to get this to work properly?
    Thanks,
    Daryl G

Provided Answers: 17
    I'm unsure what your doing from the iamges, I'd need to see the actual database.

However.....That error message strongly suggests your trying to populate the Many 2 Many field with more than one type of forum, or a different type than the many 2 many was told to accept when you created its field.

A many to many field can only contain 1 type of form, and only the one you specifyed when creating the Many to Many field.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 4
    in first screenshot there is $position_to_find. Copy this line to second screenshots. Put top of code.

in second screenshot before line 5 create

'For each record in recordset $position_to_find' code.

after line 5 'next' and try again.

(Your code trying to pull a list not in your current form. That list is in your job list form.)

MacHeuS,
    You are amazing! I tried what you suggested and it worked. Thanks for the explanation on what I was doing wrong. You have taught me an incredible amount about Brilliant Database. With your help, I was able to finish adding another function to my program . I think that I am trainable - I am just really having trouble understanding the required structuring of Brilliant Database.
    Sincerely,
    Daryl G
    Last edited by fireant911; 02-12-13 at 22:44.