Thread: version 10

Unanswered: version 10

I know it sounds silly but I dare not to install version 10.
    some how I don't trust the whole process any more, e.g. there is no pricing information on the site and nothing about upgrading, after all the promises with discount codes.
    is there anyone who uses version 10 and is happy with it?

Provided Answers: 54
    I haven't seen anything that makes me think that there is any kind of "show stopper" in installing Brilliant Database Version 10, other than the lack of a company to support it. The developer seems to be amazing, but there doesn't seem to be any business organization behind him and no way to get professional support for the product.

If you can work with support from the community (like you get here in this forum), then the Brilliant Database appears to work just fine. If you need formal professional support, I don't know how you could get that.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi noftoli.

there is no pricing information on the site and nothing about upgrading, after all the promises with discount codes.
    The upgrade policy can be found here.
    Database Software Design and Management - Brilliant Database - Upgrade Policy

And the upgrade form for excising users also exists here.
    Database Software Design and Management - Brilliant Database - Upgrade Form

All of which only applies to version 9.42 as version 10 is not available to purchase yet, it's only a RC1 edition at this moment in time.

On the upgrade policy, basically you get all updates for 1 year from the time of your purchase. For example, if you buy 9.42 now, you would get an upgrade to v10 for free. Providing they don't take 10 months to release it.

As for reliability of v10, my 30 day trial is up but in the 30 days I used it, I found it as reliable as v9.42

Regards
    James

Version 10

I mean about version 10 there is no information.

Provided Answers: 17
    As I said above, it's an RC1 so you cannot buy it yet because it's not been released as a final product.

As for the upgrade policy, that has never changed in all my years of using this software, so I doubt it will after v10 is released either.

Regards
    James