Thread: New Line Items

Post Unanswered: New Line Items

Hello guys,

Is it possible to make new line items subform in Access similar to this:
    http://fin.help4u.obm.ohio.gov/Budge...lookup_ali.gif

I need some kind of solution to have 3 textboxes each line with the ability to add new / delete old line items. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 59
    consider using continuous forms

given the style of what you have use a subform with continuous forms
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I need to make it user friendly somehow, continues forms won't do the trick. I guess I don't really need whole table-like layout, just 3 textboxes and ability to add or delete more lines with the same 3 textboxes. I'm trying to avoid using ActiveX controls.

Provided Answers: 19
    When you speak of 'line items,'here, what you're really talking about are Records! And to show multiple Records, at the same time, you have to either use a Continuous View or a Datasheet View Form!

When you add Command Buttons to your requirements, your only choice becomes a Continuous View Form! You can tweak a Continuous View Form to look similar to the example you posted; it'll take some work, but it can be done.

Healdem's
    advice about using a Continuous Subform is right on the money; this is the tried and true way to handle this situation.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007