Unanswered: Using a renamed field in the same query

Hi all,

I am fairly new to MS Access 2010 ....but have come across a minor challenge....I have a query (named qryDailyReport) which is a 'Query' of other several queries containing common fields 'Week' and 'Day' which I have joined. So in the design view of 'qryDailyReport', I have renamed the fields 'Week' and 'Day' as 'Report_Week' and 'Report_Day' respectively, which seems to work. In the same qryDailyReport, I have other expressions which use the renamed fields 'Report_Week' and 'Report_Day' in calculating running sums and averages from each of the several queries.... Now when I try running 'qryDailyReport', I get the "Enter Parameter Week" and "Enter Parameter Day" errors?

My question is, is it possible to use a renamed fields in other expressions in the SAME query which you renamed it??

Provided Answers: 14
    When you use an alias (i.e. give a column another name: ColumnName As AliasName) in the SELECT section of a query, you cannot use this alias somewhere else in the SQL expression. This will not work:
    SELECT TableX.ColumnY As AliasZ
    ORDER BY AliasZ
    SELECT TableX.ColumnY As AliasZ
    ORDER BY TableX.ColumnY
    Have a nice day!