Unanswered: Problems (annoyed) with the scroll button on the mouse!!!

I need some help i have a form where i insert data.
    This form is for inserting data only.
    But when i use the scroll button on the mouse it go's to the previous or next records, there fore i want to block the scroll button on the mouse.

I hope there is a way to do this (in access and not in the system reg.)

THX

Provided Answers: 19
    Since the Boys of Redmond finally addressed this problem, in 2007, I assume that you're using version 2003 or earlier. A gentleman by the name of Stephen Lebans has a sample database that shows how to 'lock' the wheel, and it can be downloaded at:

MouseWheelOnOff

There are a couple of versions on the page, one for version97, I believe, and another for everything up to 2003; be sure to download the one that is appropriate for your machine.

Download and unzip the db and take a look. Go into your db and goto File > External Data > Import and import the module modMouseHook from the sample database. Next make sure you have the included file, MouseHook.dll, in the same folder your database resides in. The following code needs to run before the mousewheel will be locked:
    Code:
    Private Sub Form_Load()
     'Turn off Mouse Scroll
     blRet = MouseWheelOFF
    End Sub

If you have one form that always loads first in your db, place the code there. If the first form to load varies, place the same code in each form.

You should be set now. BTW, everything goes back to normal after you close an Access database that uses this hack.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Aha great many thanks.
    Works like a charm.

Provided Answers: 19
    Glad you got it working! As I said, if you ever update to 2007 or later you'll find that the Boys of Redmond finally got around to fixing this problem! Of course, now people are complaining because they've 'lost' this same function!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

I Probably wont upgrade anytime soon but when i do if got the code.
    I have trouble with an other issue with MS Access, hope you can direct me on my way.

http://www.dbforums.com/microsoft-ac...ml#post6583324

Hope to hear from you there.