Need urgent help **.dbf edit

Dear Members,

first of all really sorry for my poor English I have 1 foxpro base software in this software's folder 1 file with **.dbf but my main problem If i do any edit on this file than software not opening so any option ? file attached below please if any solution please let me know

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Vijay Thakkar
    Attached Files Attached Files

What program are you using to edit the database?

If i do any edit on this file than software not opening

Hopefully your attempt to edit this file was done on a COPY of the original file or at least you made a Backup of the original file before you attempted to edit the file.

If not then you might have created a real problem.

A Foxpro/Visual Foxpro (FP/VFP) file has a specific file header at the low level and if that is corrupted, then the file will no longer be recognized as a FP/VFP file any longer.

Assuming that you still have a GOOD copy of the file, your best option would be to get a copy of Foxpro/Visual Foxpro and use it to edit the contents.
    If you did that and needed assistance in how to do the Edit, we would be happy to help you.

Good Luck

When I un-zipped your dbf file and then opened it in Visual Foxpro, I found 1 record in it that, when I exported it to a Text File, looked like:

"RAHUL MEDICALS","SHOP NO-7, HOUSING BOARD","SHOPING CENTRE,","NR K.F.T.Z","GANDHIDHAM","370230","20 GBK 278","21 GBK 278","","","24011003546",/ /,"",/ /,"253753","","","PSS"

So, what is the problem?

Good Luck

On further analysis of your dbf file at the HEX Header level it appears that it was created in a VERY OLD version of Foxpro: FoxBASE+/Dbase III plus, no memo

With that in mind, you should be able to open it with almost any version of Foxpro (2.5 or 2.6) or Visual Foxpro (VFP 6, 7, 8, or 9) - I'd personally recommend a version of Visual Foxpro

You should be able to get yourself a copy of it at:
    foxpro in Software | eBay

Good Luck

Smile Re

I don't think there is any problem to open this dbf file.

Please apply following command

FoxPro

use fa12.dbf
    browse

thanks

sunil nair
    sunilnair391@yahoo.co.in

Quote Originally Posted by smart_prince17 View Post
    Dear Members,

first of all really sorry for my poor English I have 1 foxpro base software in this software's folder 1 file with **.dbf but my main problem If i do any edit on this file than software not opening so any option ? file attached below please if any solution please let me know

Thanks in advance

Regards
    Vijay Thakkar