BravoTECH, a leader in IT staffing and staff augmentation services, seeks Sr. SQL Development DBA Engineer for our preferred client in their Grapevine location. The qualified candidate will possess 7 years of experience in three major areas, including: strong SQL server tools, heavy SSIS experience and exposure to supporting Oracle applications as well.
MUST HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS TO BE CONSIDERED
64/40 Development vs. Administration
The ideal candidate will have an accredited bachelor?s degree in computer science, information technology, or related technology-based discipline required
MCDBA or MCTS certifications preferred.
3 or more years of related experience required, including production DBA and/or development DBA experience, current (2005 or 2008) SQL Server DBA experience, and 2 or more years of SSIS development.
Preferred experience includes managing large databases (1TB) and/or many database servers (100+), 2005/2008 table partitioning, high-volume retail e-commerce, and SSRS and SSAS business intelligence experience.
· Expert understanding of all SQL Server tools including, but not limited to, Profiler/Management Studio/Enterprise Manager
· Proficient understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
· Proficient understanding of replication, distributed systems performance tuning, and optimization
· Proficient understanding of project management principles, including the ability to respond as needed to complex, overlapping, evolving, and potentially conflicting priorities
· Working knowledge of active/active or active/passive clustering
· Working knowledge of log shipping, replication, and mirroring
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows server 2000 / 2003
· Working knowledge of Idera / Red Gate tools
· Working knowledge of network technologies and active directory functionality
· Working knowledge of configuration management, version control, web publishing strategies
· Ability to exchange ideas and communicate effectively with others of varying technological knowledge using written and spoken English
· Ability to respond to related business needs as required during non-traditional, "on call" hours
Responsibilities for this Position Include:
· Collaborates with other Information Technology associates and functional business teams to build, deliver, and support effective, creative data management solutions aligned to specified business initiatives.
· Creates, coordinates and administers databases, including base definition, structure documentation, operational guidelines, and security.
· Based upon management direction, plans and implements strategies for meeting data management needs.
· Monitors project deliverables, as directed, to ensure project and functional leaders receive accurate, timely updates as required.
· Applies established data management best practices and recommends improvements.
· Assists application support teams with third party application installations and upgrades.
· Produces essential reports on a daily, weekly, monthly or ad hoc as necessary.
· Assists with other information technology projects, as assigned, within the general scope of regularly assigned responsibilities and related qualifications.