Question Unanswered: SQL Server Express or MySQL

Hi all,

I'm trying to develop an HR system for about 200 employees. I was wondering if MS SQL Server Express edition would be enough or should I consider MySQL?

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 54
    I find it VERY hard to imagine that it could be either less expensive or more usable to write your own HR system than it would be to buy one.

This is one of the classic problems I see as a consultant, where managment will spend $100,000 to develop an application which they could buy for $10,000 then a year or so later discover that the law requires features that they don't have and then they buy the $10,000 package too!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

That is a very interesting point Pat Phelan...but what about my question?

Provided Answers: 54
    Once you decide on which HR package you want to use/buy, install the database that your HR package requires.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 1
    If your project is simple, and limited to 200 or so employees, and you absolutely insist on developing it yourself, then do it in MS Access.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com