Question Unanswered: VBA to import table without replacing destination table

dear all,

kindly need your help.

I have some table like this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FtW6Cn.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	14153

I need to import from other tables (in other DB) with the same columns but have different date values. (130205, 130206, etc..)
    Does anyone have code that I could use to do this without replacing the destination table?
    so that the destination table can be act like a "merged" table for whole date values.

Provided Answers: 14
    With:
    - Tbl_Destination being the destination table in the current database,
    - Tbl_Source being the source table in the External database,
    - D:\Path\External.mdb being the full path to the external database,
    - Column1, Column2, etc being the names of the columns in both tables (Tbl_Source and Tbl_Destination).
    Try:
    Code:
    Sub MergeExternalData()

Const c_SQL As String = "INSERT INTO Tbl_Destination (Column1, Column2, Column3, Column4, Column5, Column6, Column7 ) " & _
                                "SELECT Column1, Column2, Column3, Column4, Column5, Column6, Column7 " & _
                                "FROM Tbl_Source IN 'D:\Path\External.mdb';"

CurrentDb.Execute c_SQL, dbFailOnError

End Sub
    Have a nice day!

many thank's.

I have changed your given code into my needs as follow:

Code:
    Private Sub Command0_Click()

Const c_SQL As String = "INSERT INTO GTP_DownlinkPacketsBuff_U_RNC_ROP_RAW (OBJECT_ID,DATE,PERIOD,EXCHID,PERLEN,GTP_DownlinkPacketsBuff_U,GTP_GtpuInDataOctIu,GTP_GtpuInDataPktIu,GTP_GtpuOutDataOctIu) " & _
                               "SELECT OBJECT_ID,DATE,PERIOD,EXCHID,PERLEN,GTP_DownlinkPacketsBuff_U,GTP_GtpuInDataOctIu,GTP_GtpuInDataPktIu,GTP_GtpuOutDataOctIu " & _
                               "FROM GTP_DownlinkPacketsBuff_U_RNC_ROP_RAW IN 'F:\100.PARSE\_result\temp\SGBDG1_20130205_nodepdc2.mdb';"
       CurrentDb.Execute c_SQL, dbFailOnError

End Sub
    then when I execute the code it returns "Syntax error in insert into statement".

is there any problem to execute INSERT INTO statement if both table names are exactly the same (GTP_DownlinkPacketsBuff_U_RNC_ROP_RAW), even if they're exist in different DB?

Provided Answers: 14
    Split the the query to localize the problem. Create a new query, open it in SQL view then type (or paste from here):
    Code:
    SELECT OBJECT_ID,DATE,PERIOD,EXCHID,PERLEN,GTP_DownlinkPacketsBuff_U,GTP_GtpuInDataOctIu,GTP_GtpuInDataPktIu,GTP_GtpuOutDataOctIu 
      FROM GTP_DownlinkPacketsBuff_U_RNC_ROP_RAW IN 'F:\100.PARSE\_result\temp\SGBDG1_20130205_nodepdc2.mdb';
    Then try to switch to Datasheet view and see what happens.
    Have a nice day!

I did some change in code snippet as below and it works fine:

Code:
    Dim SQL As String

SQL = "INSERT INTO table_name "
    SQL = SQL & "SELECT * "
    SQL = SQL & " FROM table_name" & " " & "IN 'G:\SGSN\Database.mdb'; "

CurrentDb.Execute SQL
    anyway, thank's for giving me clue regarding to this case.