Unanswered: A lot of recrods in database

Hello

I have 4000 records in database ( sql server 2008 ), my application communicate with database by means of framework simple data. In moment when I clicked "Clients" in my appliaction, this program suspended one short time.

How acceleration read records in database or code application. I would like apply component BackgroundWorker, this is profesional?

I greet

Provided Answers: 54
    4000 rows is nearly nothing to SQL Server 2008. It will comfortably handle a terrabyte of data spread across several thousand tables. Just to set a benchmark, do a SELECT * FROM myTable query while using an RDP connection or from the server console... It should take around a second or so.

It is possible that you are doing queries that can be optimized, but you'll have to analyze them to understand that.

I'd be surprised if the BackGroundWorker will help much unless your application is doing a LOT of processing on every row.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 1
    Your application is most likely looping through the data one client at a time rather than leveraging the set-based operations available with relational database servers.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Run this to see what is going on
    select
    sp.spid,
    sp.hostname,
    db_name(sp.dbid) as [Database],
    sp.[status],
    sp.blocked,
    b.[text] as 'Current SQL Stmt'
    from master..sysprocesses sp