Unanswered: Learning DB2, where to start?

Hi everyone,

My first post to the DB2 world I have about 14 years of MS SQL experience, but I've just accepted a job where I'll be managing a mix of MS SQL and DB2 on Windows servers. Can someone give me some pointers on where to start learning more about DB2? I don't officially step into the position for a couple of weeks, but I'd like to learn as much as possible until then.

Some questions:
    I download DB2 Express-C on my laptop running Windows Server 2012, but is there a GUI that goes along with it? And how similar is this version to the full commercial DB2 version for Windows?

Should I look at a third party tool like Aqua Data Studio or are the canned IBM tools sufficient?

Thanks --

Toronto, Canada
    Provided Answers: 1
    FREE Book- Getting Started with DB2 Express-C - Wikis

The IBM administration and development tool is called IBM Data Studio, available as a free download. Some people prefer Toad for DB2. Command-line interface is probably foreign for you, as the MS SQL Server DBA, but if you invest some time in learning it, you won't regret it.
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Quote Originally Posted by samalex01 View Post
    And how similar is this version to the full commercial DB2 version for Windows?
    For most things it is the same. Here is complete list of features in each edition:
    Compare the distributed DB2 10.1 database servers
    Last edited by Marcus_A; 02-28-13 at 18:28.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

if you to learn basic then please go through the book db2 learning visually with example..