Unanswered: Again a topic about export to excel

Hello there,

Don't pick on me because of the fact there a another 1.793.373 topics about this. I read a lot of topics and website but I can't get it to work.

I have a button on my main formular, which called "Export". When clicked on the button there should be 6 query's exported to separate excel files.

I build the macro mentioned beneath macro and give the action to the button to run this macro when clicked. Sadly, nothing works Could you help guys?

Btw is there any possibility when the queries are extracted to excel, that the separate files are e-mailed automatically to different e-mail addresses?

Thank you in advance

Private Sub Export_Click()

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "bla NL04", acFormatXLS, "D:\Reports\NL04" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xls"
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "bla NL05", acFormatXLS, "D:\Reports\NL05" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xls"
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "bla NL07", acFormatXLS, "D:\Reports\NL07" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xls"
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "bla NL09", acFormatXLS, "D:\Reports\NL09" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xls"

End Sub

Provided Answers: 59
    instead of date try date(). it shouldn't matter
    you may need to enclose the query name in square brackets
    Code:
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "[bla NL04]", acFormatXLS, "D:\Reports\NL04" & Format(Date(), "yyyymmdd") & ".xls"
    if you run the query does it retrieve records

as to further help dunno, I don't use macros (unless I have to) because they are a PITA and can be tricky to debug

if you want to send the excel files as an attachment, then Im sure it can be done, just not somethign Ive doen recently. try searching here and on google of rms access email attachements
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I now constructed this and this works for me

Sub exportmacro()

DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "blaNL04", acFormatXLS, "D:\Reports\NL04" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xls"
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "blaNL05", acFormatXLS, "D:\Reports\NL05" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xls"
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "bla NL07", acFormatXLS, "D:\Reports\NL07" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xls"
    DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, "blaNL09", acFormatXLS, "D:\Reports\NL09" & Format(Date, "yyyymmdd") & ".xls"

End Sub
    In the future I want to add an extra worksheet to this files and e-mail them to specific e-mail addresses. I found some code but I really don't understand it. Is there someone here whom wants to help me with this one?

Thank you