Unanswered: Erwin Importance in db2

Hi all,
    can anybody tell me wat is the inportance of erwin in db2, i tried in net also, but i am not getting useful info.....

Got a collegue called Erwin. Nice guy and an expert in microsoft clustering with db2. Do you mean him?
    Somewhere between " too small" and " too large" lies the size that is just right.
    - Scott Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by dr_te_z View Post
    Got a collegue called Erwin. Nice guy and an expert in microsoft clustering with db2. Do you mean him?
    ha ha ha i think you also have same knowledge like me only , i am asking about erwin tool.....

Erwin is of some importance in DB2

well, well ... You rang sir ???
    here I am !

surely of some importance in DB2, I tend to logon, commit, terminate, connect reset, and lots of ddl-inbetween's LOTS of times

Quote Originally Posted by ErwinHaTsoF View Post
    here I am !
    Yep. That's him
    Somewhere between " too small" and " too large" lies the size that is just right.
    - Scott Hayes

I have used Erwin in the past it is a pretty nice modeling tool. I did not need all of its features, basically I used it during it to create a graphical depiction of the tables in a system and how things relate to one another. Developers usually appreciate the graphical depiction because it gives them a nice easy way to see how things are related and what columns to join on etc. Erwin has a decent interface and will pull the existing ddl from the database and generate new ddl with your changes. There are several competitors to Erwin, so you may want to evaluate a few different ones. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by azready View Post
    I have used Erwin in the past it is a pretty nice modeling tool. I did not need all of its features, basically I used it during it to create a graphical depiction of the tables in a system and how things relate to one another. Developers usually appreciate the graphical depiction because it gives them a nice easy way to see how things are related and what columns to join on etc. Erwin has a decent interface and will pull the existing ddl from the database and generate new ddl with your changes. There are several competitors to Erwin, so you may want to evaluate a few different ones. Hope this helps.
    Thanku for your response Azready, is there any way to download and use erwin and any URL for more info about Erwin....

Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

I'm not clear on what you are going to use Erwin for, but if the purpose is to generate documentation you might want to have a look at schemaspy:

SchemaSpy
    --
    Lennart

You can also reverse engineer using Visio

Provided Answers: 2
    Take a look also at ERStudio from Embarcadero.
    Florin Aparaschivei
    DB2 9.7, 10.5 on Windows
    Iasi, Romania