Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Questions for Users of BD Ultimate

I have two general questions for those that own the Ultimate version of Brilliant Database.

My first question is directed to the users in America: After developing your program in Brilliant Database, did you apply for a copyright for your program prior to selling it? Please do not turn this in a question of whether or not a user can copyright a program that is done in another program that is already copyrighted. I have a small library of legal books regarding copyrights and I know it is possible for a user to copyright a program done, for example, in EXCEL. I am just wondering if anyone has gone this extra step of copyrighting their Brilliant Database creation? I know this cannot stop anyone from recreating what the program but it is a relatively inexpensive deterrence.

Question 2: When using 'Set Variable by User Input' in the Design Mode (Add Variable), does the wording 'Brilliant Database v9.42 Ultimate' always appear when the message box appears? I am curious if owners of the Ultimate version have the ability to change the heading that appears on the message box - see screenshot below.
    Thanks,
    Daryl G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails popup box BD.jpg  

Provided Answers: 17
    Question 2: When using 'Set Variable by User Input' in the Design Mode (Add Variable), does the wording 'Brilliant Database v9.42 Ultimate' always appear when the message box appears? I am curious if owners of the Ultimate version have the ability to change the heading that appears on the message box - see screenshot below.
    No, when you compile your program what will appear in that window will be whatever you call your program.

There will be no mention of Brilliant Database in your compiled application if you select this option to "Hide" it.

Regards
    James.

Provided Answers: 2
    James,
    Great! I was hoping that something like what you said was the case and I wanted to verify.
    Many thanks (again),
    Daryl G