Unanswered: Work with checkbox

Hi,

I have a problem on using the checkbox in a continuos form, everytime i tick one checkbox it selects all the checkbox in the form. I'm using an unbound checkbox..
    How can elimenate this..?

Any reply would be much appreciated.
    Thanx in advance.

Provided Answers: 19
    That's normal behavior, for Unbound Controls, on Continuous or Datasheet View Forms! If you want their state to be Record-specific, the Control has to be Bound to the underlying Table or Query or to an expression based on conditions from the Record.

While you 'see' multiple Checkbox Controls, in reality only one exists, and its state on the Current Record will be reflected in the Control on all Records.

Perhaps if you us exactly what you're trying to accomplish, here, we can help you.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

thanks a lot for your reply i'll try to add more field in my table..

I already add a field which is yes/no but the problem is Recordset is not updateable....

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by djrods View Post
    I already add a field which is yes/no but the problem is Recordset is not updateable....
    Then how do you expect to save anything to the Table?

Presumably the Form is based on a multi-table Query, which are frequently Read-Only. For the reasons for this have a look at Allen Browne's article on the subject:

Why is my query read-only?

If you Form is not based on a multi-table Query, post back and we can investigate other reasons for the Form not being updateable.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007