Hi everyone,

I've created a database to track spending, and used to compare to my budget. I've created a table with fields that include date, division, purchasetype, and amount, among others. Those just listed are the ones that I need to populate the report. The report I'm trying to create will look like a spreadsheet, with rows and columns. I could easily accomplish part of what I'm doing with a spreadsheet, but choosing a database for the flexibility of other, simpler reports also. In the report I'm creating, I'd like to set the purchasetype in rows, and use text boxes in the columns for each of the divisions to show the total amount spent. In other words, purchasetype row A would have a field showing the amount spent to date for divisions 1, 2, and 3. I'm having trouble determining how to get the amounts in each field. I thought of creating a query for each purchasetype/division, i.e., purchasetype A/Div 1, purchasetype B/Div 2, purchasetype B/Div 1, etc. I was able to create the query with totals, but couldn't figure out how to get the totals into my field on the report. Any help with this would be appreciated. Also, is this the best way to do it? Open to other ideas, but I'm not a programmer. Also, the totals would be coming from a calendar year, so I would need to either filter it by date or add another field to the purchase (i.e., 13, 14, etc) and include that in my queries. Thanks in advance for your help, and if there's a more efficient/quicker way to do this, I'm open to it.