Unanswered: Access 97 on Windows 8

the organization i work for has a lot of access 97 databases that I'm upgrading to vb and sql server, does anyone know if access 97 runs on windows 8? I'm trying to figure out how much time I have to upgrade certain databases. thanks, much appreciated

I did try searching on this but didn't come up with much.

Provided Answers: 19
    I've saw threads on this a short while ago (can't remember where, sorry) and the consensus was that in and of itself, running Acc97 on Windows 8 caused no problems; difficulties only arose if you also had newer versions of Access on the same box, which does not appear to be your situation, here, given your statement "I'm upgrading to vb and sql server."

As always, before doing this, make backup copies (or two or three!) of the original files and keep them safe!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Thanks, that would be really great to have a few more days before Microsoft puts out yet another new OS.. I'm upgrading my sql server to 2012 any day now because the sql express 2005 won't run on win7 and my main sql server 2005 won't talk to a sql express 2008, whew, eight years untill retire...
    Last edited by StanTheMan2; 03-15-13 at 14:51.

Provided Answers: 19
    I've never been one to upgrade every time a new version appears, but it becomes harder and harder to keep older, working versions of some apps when moving to a newer OS, even older Microsoft apps!

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007