Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    91

    Unanswered: MySQL access over the internet

    How do I get access to the database installed on a local computer connected to the Internet? Do I know only the local computer IP address that is on local network? Do I know the other parameters? Thanks
    Last edited by duf; 03-16-13 at 13:50.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Breda, Netherlands
    Posts
    15
    You need to now your WAN IP address, because that's where you need to connect to.
    Then you need to configure the router so that the port where the MYSQL server listens on (usually 3306) will be forwarded to the local computer's IP address.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Gervs View Post
    You need to now your WAN IP address, because that's where you need to connect to.
    You mean IP address computer where there is installed mysql server.
    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Breda, Netherlands
    Posts
    15
    No, thats a LAN IP address (e.g 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x)
    The WAN IP is the one which you're identified with on the internet, and you've obtained from your ISP (mostly via DHCP).

    Here you can see what your WAN IP is

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Gervs View Post
    No, thats a LAN IP address (e.g 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x)
    The WAN IP is the one which you're identified with on the internet, and you've obtained from your ISP (mostly via DHCP).

    Here you can see what your WAN IP is
    That's for sure I ask even the second set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gervs View Post
    Then you need to configure the router so that the port where the MYSQL server listens on (usually 3306) will be forwarded to the local computer's IP address.
    Router on the side computer with database?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Breda, Netherlands
    Posts
    15
    Sorry, that is if you have a router.
    If the computer with the database is directly connected with the Internet then it's IP address is the WAN IP, and then you should be able to connect to it

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Gervs View Post
    Sorry, that is if you have a router.
    If the computer with the database is directly connected with the Internet then it's IP address is the WAN IP, and then you should be able to connect to it
    Thanks. I have to check how does it work. I try it tomorrow.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    91
    How to test if computer with server is available. Is it possible by browser or ping?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •