Unanswered: Weird things in SQL editor

To All--

I needed to write some Pass Through queries to an SQL server. So I thought I would write the SQL in SQL Server Management Studio and then just paste the SQL text into Access when I got it where I needed it.

However, once you do that I can't edit any of the text. If I click some where and try to Backspace or delete and does all kinds of crazy things. It looks like it deletes but then when I type something it pops in characters again. Some times it backspaces at the wrong place.

I'm using Access 2003. Has anyone else seen this or am I going (more) insane.

C

Provided Answers: 14
    This can happen if SSMS works with a different set of characters (Unicode). Copy from SSMS, paste in Notepad, then copy from Notepad and paste in Access.
    Have a nice day!

Sinndho--

I tried that and it still doesn't work. I was wondering if it had something to do with the character set encoding. I was thinking about pasting the text into a form and running some code on it to pull out the non-printable characters so it would then paste correctly or have the form create the PTQ on the fly. Any thoughts?

C

Think I got it working for my needs. I tweaked a setting in SSMS that changes the tabs to spaces. Then it seems like I can paste directly into Access without issues. Thanks all.

C