Unanswered: Multi Partition to single;

Hello All,

Oslevel : linux with db2 version 9.7

we have 3 linux server with mulitpartition enabled, the request is to make into separate single server.

Request in detail :
    Create a plan to remove the hosts icux2161, icux2162, icux2163 from the DPF server pool and consolidate all PDF partitions onto one host, icux2160.

icux**** is the server name.

Can anybody guide me in this.

Thanks for your help.

Meena.s

Hello,
    I think this is going to be a tough one, going to multiple partitions is easy enough. I am pretty sure relocate and backup restore will not work as each partition is treated separately. My understanding if you want everything on a single node you would have to use load utilities, which is probably time prohibitive. Have you looked at going to a logically partitioned database? That way the db would have the same physical structure, just all on a single host and you could use a db relocate or restore.

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Meena.s View Post
    we have 3 linux server with mulitpartition enabled, the request is to make into separate single server.
    Single partition or multiple logical partitions on one server?
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

I did this kind of activity earlier. but it was like conversion from multipartition to single partition environment. I implemented it with the help of db2look , then using unix level command grep, sed, cut, options I created a ddl which can be run on a single partition environment. ( in the place of redirecting to multiple tablespace redirected tablespace to one tablespace ). Create db, tablespace. Catalog database from source server and did cursor loading from source to target tables.

I am not sure any other simple process is available or not. More solutions are welcome.

Thanks Niteshtheone.

Can you elaborate the steps you have followed please ?

Thanks
    Meena.s

Quote Originally Posted by Meena.s View Post
    consolidate all PDF partitions onto one host.
    Sounds like they want 3 logical partitions on 1 physical server. I would do what azready suggested.