Unanswered: Copying Text fields

Hi - i wish to copy a number of text fields from one form/record to another form/record. The forms are in different folders - is this possible?

I use BD for many functions and use to scripting for basic operations but with no formal IT training I don't if this can be done or how. If there is a basic guide which could help me script better please point me in the right direction.

thanks
    Paul

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi - i wish to copy a number of text fields from one form/record to another form/record. The forms are in different folders - is this possible?
    Yeah sure.
    It's only a matter of selecting the record you want to copy the data from, then set different variables, one for each item you want copied from the selected record. Then what you do with the data is your choice. You can auto create a new empty record and have it populated, or you can go back, select any record and populate it with the text you copied.

I've attached a simple example of one way you can do this.

Create or select the record that contains text. Press GO. This will then create a new empty record and populate it with the text from the record you originally selected.

It will copy 3 of the 4 fields as an example.

Regards
    James.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Copying text fields

Hi James - I have tried but keep getting an error message.

I have attached a copy of my script and pasted the error message onto the pictures.

Thanks
    Paul
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ScreenDump.jpg  

Hi Paul.
    There's an error in line two of your code.

The creation method you have selected “Just create new record” will not work. You must use the option “Create and Select”.

If you do not want the operator to be taken away from the selected record when the new one is created, make the change to line two as I've explained regardless, and between line 3 and 4 of your code, insert the function “Move To Record” and select “History: Move to previous record”.

Regards
    James

Hi James - thanks very much

Paul

Your welcome.

James.