Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Cloned Folder Does Not Appear On Main Screen

I need to create another folder identical to an existing folder (this will serve as an archive for older records - thanks James Tubbritt for thank suggestion). While I was in the Form Editor, I selected 'Clone Form' and the new form appeared and I gave it a new name... so everything looks good from the 'List of Forms' perspective. When I go back ('Return to Database'), this new form does not appear??? What am I doing wrong here?
    Thanks,
    Daryl G

Daryl
    -To clone the folder use the "Add folder" command in the script.
    -As far as 'clone form' is concerned you might have disabled the form in the form editor not to show under add menu.

I can assure you that I did not disable the form in the form editor (I really needed to find out how to do that previously and never could find a way). If there is a way to do that, please share - but that is another question!

I am wishing to segregate some of the information in just one of my folders. I have successfully been able to move that information but without the form, I cannot select the columns so that I can see the data in the upper section (as it only appears on the form itself). I was unable to clone the form I needed so I just recreated one but I cannot get any data to appear on the columns - see attached.

Just to show what I am trying to do, I am removing some of the records from the 'Completed Training' Folder and placing this information in the 'Archived Completed Training'. Although I can select each row in the 'Archived Completed Training' Folder, no data appears in the columns/row above it like it does in the 'Completed Training' folder - see second attachment.
    Thanks,
    Daryl G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails archived.jpg   completed training.jpg  

Daryl
    The attachment will self explain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails form disable.png   record list.png  

Provided Answers: 4
    This is very very wrong way. You are not doing what you want.

Forms and folders are different things. One or any number of folder can use same form type. Different form mean different record. Folders only stores this records.

So...

Delete your cloned form.
    On main screen 'Add->Simple Folder'
    Right click new folder. Select 'Folder Properties'
    Select 'Record Options' tab and in this tap define your previous form with 'type of record'.

After this. For archiving only move your record from previous folder to this folder.

(I hope i didn't understand wrong.)

MacHeuS,
    You are truly the master of Brilliant Database!!! Your suggestion was exactly right. How do you figure these things out? In what circumstances would the 'Cloning' of forms ever be used? Again, thank you for all of your help.

Is this statement true - since both forms (the original and the newly added) share the same properties, any changes made to the original form (for example, changing the form's color), will automatically be reflected on the new form also?
    Sincerely,
    Daryl G
    Last edited by fireant911; 03-27-13 at 09:58. Reason: added question

Example

Here is a test with two examples:

One button make a clone of current record on archive folder.
    Second button just move the current record to archive folder.

Hope these examples help you to achieve your goal.

By the way, change the txt extension to .bbd
    Attached Files Attached Files