Unanswered: Need help analyzing snapshot

Hi folks. I'm still pretty new to databases in general and in need of some help.
    I'm trying to figure out if a database, used by an e-shop, has any performance issues. I made this snapshot but I don't really know how to read it or what to get out of it.

Anyone that could help me make some sense out of this snapshot (attached file)? Anything that looks out of the ordinary there?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 11
    is there a performance/specific problem ?
    based on high-cpu/io .. other indicators start looking at settings related to this area
    never change setting without investigation and always change 1 setting at a time to monitor the db2 reaction...
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified

Without knowing anything about the application, it is hard to say

Rows selected = 11267201
    Rows read = 90377443

This indicates for every row selected about 9 rows are read. This is not good for transactional systems, but not unusual for DW systems. You may want to consider indexing on key tables.

The below may be a result of long running/poor performing/under indexed/poorly written queries :

Lock waits = 133
    Total sorts = 1544820
    Log space used by the database (Bytes) = 21129853
    Number of hash joins = 67631

This is a general note, and does not necessarily indicate a problem depending on the nature of your application.

There is no bufferpool information in the snapshot. That is critical measure of performance.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Toronto, Canada
    Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by colicoid View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if a database, used by an e-shop, has any performance issues.
    Looking at snapshots is not the way to find performance issues. If you have any issues, your users will tell you, then you'll look at snapshots and monitor output to find the causes.

monreport.dbsummary() is usually a good starting place.

By the way, do you really need all 8 bufferpools? In most cases you will be better off with fewer large bufferpools.
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.