The role of dBA within the Operations team of this award winning gaming company provides the Operations and Game Teams expert knowledge to setup, configure, maintain and manage the databases for their titles and Business Intelligence systems.
• Strong knowledge of MySQL and InnoDB Storage Engine (administer and optimize).
• Good knowledge of SQL (including Stored Functions/Procedures).
• Good knowledge of MySQL HA Solutions (Replication, Cluster) and Server HA in general (e.g. AP-Cluster with DRBD)
• Expert knowledge of Linux systems administration (esp. CentOS 5.x/6.x), including expertise on filesystems, hardware, and networking.
• General programming and scripting abilities.
• Experienced in working and maintaining a large scale production environment
• Experienced in release management processes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
• Willing to relocate to Frankfurt am Main, Germany
• Supplemental MySQL technologies: XtraDB, Xtra-Backup, NDB Cluster, third-party storage engines and appliances, etc.
• Knowledge with gdb, strace, tcpdump, iostat, oprofile and other systems tool is a plus
• Works closely with R&D to install, configure and operate developed features, as appropriate
• Ensure appropriate, accurate, up-to-date technical documentation is available for systems and logic
• Participates in the scoping and sizing of requirements using Agile development methods
• Helps to drive the delivery of successful, cutting edge products by working on a team with other highly talented Producers, Developers, and Designers
We are looking for someone urgently, with salary up to £50k + relocation to Frankfurt. Contact me now: email@example.com