Question Unanswered: New Topic Publication and Subscription issues over 2 domains

Good Morning Ladies and Gents,

I am struggling to win with Publications and Subscriptions.

The situation is as follows, A client of ours has a system which requires updates received from an external domain (trusted connection is setup already) and pull data through a configured Publication.

Now when I attempt to setup a pull subscription the problem I am running into is the OS level authentication the location for the snapshots they don’t want anonymous login, which I can understand from a security standpoint.
    But I continually have hit a wall when it comes to where I can define a Login details to utilize, both to a unc shared path or a FTP. On the OS level when I define it I receive an error because the account I placed in is trying to verify on the clients domain which won’t work because it is a completely separate domain as I have stated.

The 2 SQL servers are communicating through a trusted connection over the Internet, and the FTP as well as the OS share I can access myself through Windows by entering the required credentials when asked for them so it definitely is not a case of no access at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In front of the computer
    Provided Answers: 54
    Are you using only the AD account name "RemoteAccount" or a FQDN, or an NT name like "RemoteDomain\RemoteAccount" to log into the remote domain? My preference would be FQDN then NT Name, the Account name by itself probably won't work.

In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Just a Update.

The issue was with permissions, using the Single sign on would prevent me from signing in through the firewalls between both sites.

To get around this I configured a Trusted connection between the 2 firewalls. and then from the FTP I allowed Annonymous from the specific IP address only.

This let me grab the files i wanted and needed.

Thus far been going fine, without error