Unanswered: V10 New feature! VOW!!

Yesterday I got a reply for one my requests from BD. They are going to increase the number of forms from 64 to 256.This is a great new feature for who wish to develop complicated programs!

Provided Answers: 2
    asokram,
    That is great news. Your post inspired me to contact Brilliant Database concerning a possible bug that I have noticed when working with the 'Set Var by User Input' script. I am becoming more and more impressed by the capabilities of this program. I hope that the 'smattering' of activity that we are starting to see is pointing to some positive changes regarding reactions from those in charge of the Brilliant Database project... and, yes, I am an optimist!

One of the best strategic moves for Brilliant Database is to have a presence in a community like this (DBForums).
    Daryl G

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by fireant911 View Post
    One of the best strategic moves for Brilliant Database is to have a presence in a community like this (DBForums).
    Thanks for the compliment!

DBForums tries to make a place for every database product that wants a place, and we work pretty hard to keep discussion civil (we weed out spam and personal attacks) to encourage people to participate.

We're glad that you're here, and wish the company behind and the users of Brilliant Database the very best!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by fireant911 View Post
    asokram,
    Daryl G
    yet Brilliant DB has no relationship, no input, no comment, no anything with dBForums.

The only reason BD appears here at all is through the interest of Pat Phelan (the site admin) after several BD users asked questions on here.

The only reason the BD forum works is through the persistent help of a very limited number of people either prepare, willing or able to answer questions on BD

If BD users want this forum to grow and develop then they need to muck in and help others
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 17
    I look forward to seeing the full list of new features on it's release in 6 days, but I fear functions like this are “quick add-ons” more so than new functions.

In all my years using brilliant database, I can't imagine ever needing the current 64 different forums let alone 256.

If the result of this expansion means they have also had to improve permanence, then I welcome it. If not, then this just seems to me more like a feature for a very very small few that they “may” need on an odd job, but something of little importance to most users.

For example, I would much rather have seen the time spend on giving the brilliant database the ability to compile to iOS or Android.

Just an thought.

Regards
    James.

Provided Answers: 2
    I simply want to follow up on my contacting BD after asokram announced he had received a reply on his E-mail. Today, upon opening my E-mail, I, too, discovered that I received a reply. I am hopeful that things are starting to change because, as my experience is growing using this software, I am becoming more and more impressed it all of the capabilities that are built-in and I hope to be purchasing the Ultimate version in the very near future.
    Sincerely,
    Daryl G