Unanswered: Update Visual Foxpro dbf with Access

I am wanting to update inventory records in a dbf file with MS Access. This file is from our Inventory Management software however the sofware isn't very conducive to edit records in mass like it would be in a spreadsheet type format that Access could provide. I made a connection with the foxpro ODBC driver and can view and make queries. However, when I edit a record in Access it doesn't reflect the change when viewed within the software. The strange thing is that when I open the Access link again to that inventory.dbf file it still has the change present that I made. I'm not sure what is going on. Also, I've noticed that as soon as I open the inventory item page within the software the inventory.dbf file's modified date will update to the current time but I don't know what it is writing since when I open the access link again it still shows my change okay. Perhaps it has a cache or reading another file I don't know about. If anybody has any suggestions I would appreciate it.
    thanks!

Provided Answers: 14
    Probably not a cache but there must exist some kind of relationships or validation rules in the software and the data you insert with Access does not comply.
    Have a nice day!

Thanks for the reply.
    The file I link to is called inventry.dbf and it does have two other files with the same name, INVENTRY.CDX and inventry.fpt. Could these other file be the ones doing the validating? Do you know of any other way I could edit records easily other than learning foxpro?

Provided Answers: 14
    Those files probably are the cause of the problem. Have a look at: Indexing of CDX file when using FoxPro DBF and see if the problem described there (and its solution) can help you.
    Have a nice day!