Unanswered: online tablespace restore

Environment: DB2 on AIX
    Version 9.7
    Multipartitioned environment [total 13 partitions 1catalog + 12 data]

I have an offline full backup of the database. I need to do an online restore of two tablespcaes which are spanned across 12 database partitions from full offline backup.

After doing the restore, I see one tablespace going to rollforward pending state. Anythoughts as to why the tablespace would have gone for a roll forward pending state. I am sure my restore command had without rolling forward clause as it was an offline backup from which I was doing a restore. The tablespcaes which I am restoring contain only one table in it. Tablespace is in RF pending state across 12 partitions.

Any help in this regard id much appreciated

This is production environment so any change which we perform shouldn't affect the other tablespaces in the database.

Only one out of two tablespaces were in rollforward pending state after restore?

From IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Information Center :
    Code:
    After a table space is restored, it is always in rollforward pending state.

Thanks Bella for the article.

Infact both the tablespaces went into rollforward pending state but one got out of it when it was rolled forward and another didn't. Finally we found out the reason why it happened. It is because the table in the tablespace we had issue with has its indexes on a different [third] tablespace. So finally we had to restore the third tablespace as well after which our rollforward was successfull