Unanswered: Acquiring Images problem

Hi,

Has anyone ever experienced issues acquiring images from a scanner into Brilliant Database? I have two image fields on each record on a form. However, when I acquire the second image BD is somehow also remembering the previously scanned image and the new image is superimposed on the previous image. This also hapepns if moving to a new record, it remembers previous image on previous record. I didn't notice this at first until my next image was in portrait instead of landscape. The newly acquired image is now shown portrait with the previously acquired image showing landscape behind it. This is a new composite image that somehow BD has put together, it isn't actually two separate images. Very weird!! Closing BD and reopening fixes it, until the second image is acquired then the issue repeats itself again.

Update: It does exactly the same if I just "import image from file". The saved file on my PC is normal. Import it into the image field and BD creates a new image composed of that and the previous image.

Thanks

Matty
    Last edited by matty1965; 04-07-13 at 17:53.

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Matty.
    I filed a bug report with brilliant database in December for this one.

While they never bothered to acknowledge my email, I'm still hopeful that they got it, and it will be fixed in the final release of v10 in the next few days.

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 54
    This is a common problem in other tools like Brilliant Database that fail to send a "refresh" or a "redraw" request to the window before displaying the second image. If that is the case, there are two easy workarounds. First, is to have your script send the refresh message if it can (VBA can do this easily if it can get the window handle). A second option is to load a complexly blank file (all white or all black) before loading a new file.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Ok, good to see I'm not the only one. I've just tested with v10RC1 and it does appear to be fixed. So, fingers crossed.

Matty

Provided Answers: 17
    I've just tested with v10RC1 and it does appear to be fixed.
    Not entirely. The problem still exists in the current RC1 under certain situations, so much so that even text fields can end up on the wrong sheets.

As Pat says, there's a refresh issue. I figured out what needs to be pressed manually to get it to refresh the display correctly, but when I script these actions it does not work.

The actions take place, but the problem remains. Seems only manual intervention works at this moment in time.

Regards
    James