Provided Answers: 17

Unanswered: v10 now available.

Hi all.
    They have just released version 10.

According to the manual, function wise it's no different than RC1 which is disappointing considering how few new functions there are. They didn't even fix a bug I reported that stopped me dead in my tracks from finishing a program.

I'm feeling very deflated right now. I could accept the minor upgrade at a push, but not even fixing the bug I reported is a show stopper for me.

Regards
    James

I guess it's possible the manual hasn't been fully updated. At the moment the automated license upgrade isn't working. Sends a blank new key! Also price of ultimate has gone up to 1799 USD.

Provided Answers: 2
    I was pleased to see that V10 is officially released but my heart sank when matty1965 pointed out the increase in price of Ultimate. I have been struggling over the earlier price at $1,299 but had decided that I would buy it when the new release was out. With this rather significant increase and the issue of technical support, I simply cannot afford it at $1,799...
    Daryl G

I guess it's possible the manual hasn't been fully updated.
    The manual does seems to be the current version. It ties in with exactly what functions I can see.

So, all in all, a very minor upgrade over v9.43

Also price of ultimate has gone up to 1799 USD
    OMG, your right. They have jacked up the price by a massive $500 USD.

I just entered in my email address to get my upgrade price, and they are asking me for €1078 Euro.

1078 freaking **EURO's**

That's game over for me. Just not going to happen.

I'm so angry right now.

I bought it last week with the 40 per cent discount so it cost just shy of 780 USD. Because you get a year free upgrade I couldn't see that price being beaten.

I guess it might be worth contacting them as a loyal customer and see if you can cut a deal.

Matty
    Last edited by matty1965; 04-10-13 at 14:38.

Hi Matty.
    I would never have any problem with a new user getting a discount. So good for you mate, that was a great buy at 780 USD.

From my point of view as an existing customer since v5 to 9.43, even under the worst case scenario I would have assumed all existing users would have gotten a minimum of a 40% discount too, but I had hoped for a little more since we are existing customers.

However, jacking up the price like this by a massive 500 USD and they offering a reduction of 40% on the new price to an existing customer is an insult of the highest order.

I'd end up paying almost twice what you paid even with my 40% discount. This is not good customer service. It's an wrong on so many levels.

Regards
    James

Was the 1299 USD a discounted price dating back to 2010? I seem to remember seeing a news item about it. Perhaps that was meant to be temporary. I reckon they would offer you something as you have been using it for so long. Got to be worth a try.

Hi Matty.

No, the 1299 was not a discount. It was a new price. A drop from 1499 USD.

In addition to that, over the two years at the 1299 they ran different promotions that ranged between an additional 20% to 40% on that.

You can go back in time with http://web.archive.org and see snap shots of websites from years ago.

I reckon they would offer you something as you have been using it for so long. Got to be worth a try
    Indeed. I've sent them email through their web form asking about the bug I reported 4 months ago. When I get a reply to that, I will have words with them about the pricing and see what I can do.

Regards
    James

Splash Screen

matty1965, now that you have full V10 version, still showing the annoying default white square on exe applications?

See attached pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails splash.jpg  

I think all you guys helping us newbies out on here should get it for free. Without some sort of support community I very much doubt I'd have bought into this. And as they don't provide their own ....

The guy is obviously a very talented developer but needs to get help with all the other aspects of running a successful software business. I'm sure this product has huge potential given the right backing.

M

The guy is obviously a very talented developer but needs to get help with all the other aspects of running a successful software business. I'm sure this product has huge potential given the right backing.
    Well, I know someone who was interested in purchasing the whole Source Code of his software some years ago when he was around Version 5.

His requirements have crashed the deal...

If he is still working like this, he is highly interested in earning money.
    (...and customer support/bug fixing costs money...)

On the other side, he will fix all the current bugs in Version 10 and will do most of the feature requests - in Version 11 which comes somewhat after 12 Months to the marked.

Just my 2 cents

BTW some nice bugs:
    Language settings not in English: not all Features for Application Project Properties are available - Bug since Version 7, depending on incomplete translation

Debug Mode: 10k info shows an internal Brilliant Database 9 Server - Unlimited in Database Size or not, thats the question.

My recommendation:
    Can somebody make an test app which filles the database with more as 4 GB records (not attachments) and a secondary with more as 4 GB attachments?

It should be good to test the unlimited database size before consider to purchase. Otherwise it would be an "optical update" to Version 9.
    Last edited by lostdb; 04-10-13 at 16:20.

Quote Originally Posted by matty1965 View Post
    I think all you guys helping us newbies out on here should get it for free. Without some sort of support community I very much doubt I'd have bought into this. And as they don't provide their own .... M
    I am with matty1965 on this. I would have completely given up months ago if the extremely generous and helpful people on this forum were not so willing to assist. For a while, I had a new question (or two) every single day. Not only did these kind people here answer my questions, oftentimes they had taken the time to make a demo version that clearly showed the solution to my problem - that sort of help is wonderful! Added to that is the difference in languages (for example, MacHeuS, who is Turkish had to translate my inexperienced BD jargon into something that made sense). This site, and especially those who are so helpful, have definitely increased the sales of Brilliant Database. So what matty1965 suggested, in my opinion, who be an extremely wise and great business decision.
    Daryl G

I have been working BD for almost 3 years with no support from Brilliant Database. Thanks God a group of people like you have decided start helping people for free.

I just found this forum by mistake lol. (Amazing mistake)

I'm agree with matty1965, the sw has a great potential but the team still very small. (Mikhail and Tom).

So let's reinforce this forum getting together our knowledge and experience to provide help who need it.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Take the RED pill and be FREE

Two days gone by, no response from Brilliant Database.
    Don't know weather to laugh or cry.

James.

Don't feel to bad Tubbritt,

You are not the only on the waiting list for response. Also I'm still waiting on discount request for V10 upgrade.