Unanswered: Is DB2 Version 9.1 compatible on Windows 2008 R2?

Hi,

Can any one please let me know whether DB2 Version 9.1 compatible on Windows 2008 R2.Below are some of the queries w.r.t DB2 Migration

1. Currently we are using DB2 9.1 version in AIX environment.We need to migrate it to Windows 2008 R2.(So need to know the compatibility on Win2008 R2)

2. If it is not compatible, then how we need to migrate.Is it possible to directly migrate from DB2 9.1 to version 10 (i found this is the latest version in google).

3. Or else do we need to migrate to any other intermediate version (like 9.5 or 9.7) and then to version 10

4. Is there any Wizard available to migrate from v9.1 to v10.

Provided Answers: 5
    You are changing OS and you cannot "migrate" to Windows from anything else. V9.1 is no longer supported, so I would not even consider it. What you are going to have to do is use db2look and db2move to "migrate" the data. With this in mind, you can move to any version, so go with the latest (10.1 for now).

Here is what you should do:

1) run db2look on the AIX system.
    2) modify the output to conform to Windows and take advantage of new Version features
    3) create the database (tables, etc) on windows using the result of step 2
    4) use db2move to copy the data to Windows.

Andy

Thanq very much for the reply.

But now the requirement is changed and they are insisting to change DB2 to Oracle 11g or SQL server 2008.

Plzz lat me know whether any migration metrail is available to change from DB2 to Oracle 11g.

And also any techniques used to do it.

Provided Answers: 5
    You will have to check with Oracle or MS SQL on how to migrate to them.

Andy