Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Controlling Size of Sheets in Folder

Is it possible to control the size of individual sheets when adding a new sheet to a form? I looked through the available commands and saw nothing that even hints that this is possible - also, I checked the user's manual and had no luck there either.

The reason I am interested is that one form currently serves as a control panel and switches to other sheets within the same form depending upon the selection made by the user. A couple of the other sheets need to be smaller in size (purely for aesthetic reasons). I am just curious if this is even possible. V10 has scripting to control individual for individual sheets though I am not aware how one could go about resizing just an individual sheet(s) within a form.

Note: I may be inadvertently be misusing the word 'form' for 'folder' because I can never keep these terminologies straight.
    Daryl G

Provided Answers: 17
    No can do my friend.
    Sheets sizes are not adjustable, they are the size of the form.

That being said, you can use the Layout tools to make your form scale to the entire amount of screen space the user has on their display. That will give the appearance of freedom from sheet to sheet to use as much screen space as you need within the limitations of the resolutions you expect end users will run the program at.

Regards
    James

Hi Daryl
    Other then creating rectangles as backgrounds, playing with boarders,transparancy etc, I do not think ou can have any other control over sheets. The fact that you can't have multiple "views" of a form can be frustrating at times but not a show stopper. The only other idea that comes to mine that might work (have not tried yet) is to copy data to another simlar "dummy" form (read only) and design this to ones needs. A poor work around I know but sometimes if not mission critical it can get a result.
    Regards
    David

James and David,
    I had never thought of what you had suggested. I played around this morning and saw that, yes, that approach should work for what I need to do. Although it does not affect the functionality at all, it does affect the aesthetic appearance which oftentimes is more critical at the beginning (people often create initial opinions of things simply by the way they look before ever seeing what it can actually do). That, my new friends, is a very innovative method to give the appearance of different sizes sheets within a folder! Again, I certainly thank you for all of the help that you have given me.
    Daryl G

We have been in the process of getting a garage/workshop built so I have not had much of an opportunity to update my real project with the recommended changes. This morning that opportunity came and I was shocked at how easy it was to make the appearance of individual sheets within a folder to each have an unique appearance. This was a wonderful suggestion that was easily implemented!!!
    Daryl G