Unanswered: How to get drop-down selection as in MS Excel/Access (datasheet mode)?

If my database is Access, in datasheet mode I can click on the column title and make a selection to filter. If my source of data is from SQL, I have no more this feature.

This is critical to my end users.

Any solution to this?

Provided Answers: 54
    I have the feature in both Access and Excel. I'm not sure what you don't have the Filter feature.

This doesn't seem to be a SQL problem. Please let me know if you would like me to move your question to our MS-Access or MS-Excel forums... Maybe someone more familiar with unusual settings in those applications can tell me why I have this feature and you do not have it.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

I agree that the solution can't be on SQL side, so feel free to move, however the problem happens only when MS SQL is the the BE rather than an Access table.

Here is what I am talking about.

http://officeimg.vo.msecnd.net/en-ca...A010100087.gif

Provided Answers: 54
    Can anyone offer any MS-Access specific insight as to why I get the filter drop downs in both MS-Access datasheets and MS-Excel spreadsheets, but Saintor does not get those drop downs?

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.