Thread: Lack of Support

Unanswered: Lack of Support

Well, it looks like the promises of support issues being rectified are worthless.

I have spent a lot of money on the Ultimate version of this product and am unable to produce the application I want due to bugs with handling images - first in 9.42 (the window refresh problem) and second with v10 (image exporting does not work, image auto resizing does not work).

I have contacted BD for support and get no replies, and no acknowledgements. How difficult is it to implement a helpdesk system so at least we can track progress with these issue. Have they never heard of Freshdesk / Zendesk etc?

I have sent yet another e-mail to support - their website says send every 24 hours so I have been trying to for the last week on the 9.42 refresh issue. I have asked for an acknowledgement of my request and a timescale as to when this particular bug will be fixed. I have asked for a refund if they are unable to provide me with this information.

Obviously it's down to individual choice, but I personally don't recommend that anyone pays any more money to Mikhail until support is properly fixed.

Matty

Provided Answers: 17
    Well, it looks like the promises of support issues being rectified are worthless.
    Totally agree.

I have spent a lot of money on the Ultimate version of this product and am unable to produce the application I want due to bugs with handling images - first in 9.42 (the window refresh problem) and second with v10 (image exporting does not work, image auto resizing does not work).
    I'm in the exact same position. I have written a program for displaying sheet music on table PC's and I cannot finished it because of the image handling bug.

I send bug reports, and I'm ignored.

As an existing customer wanting to buy v10, I'm being screwed by a 500 USD price hike.

Obviously it's down to individual choice, but I personally don't recommend that anyone pays any more money to Mikhail until support is properly fixed.
    Mikhail needs to publicly address the issues in my opinion and explain what the problem is, and how it will be solved.

He also need to address how he's screwing over his existing customers.

I love everything about the software, but the company stinks at this point to me.

It's a crying shame. If ONLY something with business sense would buy these guys out.

Regards
    James
    Last edited by Tubbritt; 04-14-13 at 15:24.

He seems to be selling earlier version of BD under another name as well, SlyDB. Don't know what that is about - though doesn't look like it's moved on since 2008

SlyDB Database Program Home

He's also got an online database creation product which looks like is still active. Apparently has over 1000 users paying at least $5 a month. Maybe that is more profitable! Wonder if they get any support.

Create online database and application - DoMyApp - About

Matty

Provided Answers: 54
    For what it may be worth, it takes time to change a business even when that business is small but very active and growing. Right now, Mikhail is in one of the worst possible positions in that he has a great product, but apparently no marketing team and no support organization. I would not expect him to be able to change things in less than 30 days and that would take a miracle... 120 days is a better guess at when you might reasonably expect changes and that is ONLY if Mikhail is working on those changes today!

Brilliant Database appears to be a good product that is suffering from far more users than the support organization (Mikhail and maybe Tom) can support. I've seen several hundreds of products go through this phase and four have them have done pretty well.

The Brilliant Database users have to do what is best for them. You are each presented with different needs and different timetables. You can't wait forever for Mikhail/Brilliant to get their collective act together, but by the same token if you all bolt now Brilliant as a company and as a product will die soon.

I'm in an odd position (for me) because I see the potential in the Brilliant Database, but I also see the risk... I've been in Mikhail's position twice and both times managed to make things work for myself and for my users, but that was through a combination of hard work, luck, and the grace of God! Right now, I don't "have a dog in this fight" and can sit back and watch to see how someone else fairs in the "hot seat" as Mikhail tries to work this out.

I know nothing about Mikhail other than what I've heard through the users of Brilliant Database, but I know a fair bit about entrepreneurs in his position. I know a great deal about the users of the product, because in many ways they are like the users of every new product. I would advise you to be patient if you can, Mikhail has made a few serious mistakes in this upgrade but none of them seem likely to be the death knell for the Brilliant Database. Mikhail needs to see and understand his mistakes and if he works to fix them soon I'd bet that the product will survive and possibly thrive, but his window of opportunity is small.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.