Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Purchase V10

Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Purchase V10

Decided to buy V10 pro ( no way ultimate though) as with discount it was not too expensive and I can play with it and not worry about 30 day limits. Also it may help spur on development if there are respectable sales (trying to be optimistic). Being using for a couple of hours with a current project and playing around with problems from this forum and have not produced any errors (so far), but next couple of weeks will be a better test.
    David

did you got any discount?

Let us know if there is any improvement when creating applications.

On BD V9.42 the uninstall feature on .exe applications does not work. Also there are no options to enable/disable splash screen

Provided Answers: 17
    My 2 cents.

Don't use v10 for any real work or new development yet. It has some major issues that will cause serious data loss.

If you open an existing database you created in version 9.42 or lower, it's converted to v10 as expected. If you then run the database optimisation you will have a major loss of data. The entire database becomes corrupt every single time.

If you even create a totally new database in v10. Run the “check” in maintenance mode to check it's integrity. You will find the database is corrupt straight away.

If you don't perform the check and you populate the database with content, all manner of strange things happen which lead to the database being corrupt and unable to be even opened.

So for the moment, best to stick with v9.42

Regards
    James.

Hi James,

That is exactly what happened to me. Glad it was something I did wrong.

Matty

PS... And they don't answer any email again so I don't see the point in filing new bugs when they don't even respond to me about the existing bugs I reported.

Not even so much as a simple acknowledgment. Useless.

I think it was Pat that mentioned in another post about entrepreneurs in Mikhail's position. But I think the real issue is that he isn't an entrepreneur. He's a developer. Has some great ideas, produces some fantastic software but he's not looking to grow a hugely successful business. I get the impression from the various bits and pieces on the web that he's involved in that he's just happy with the money that he has coming in from those. He'll do just enough to keep things ticking over. His ambition isn't to create a business. That's my impression any way. And it's just that, an impression.

Matty

He should read the book "Think and Grow Rich" lol

Hi Matty.
    I get the impression from the various bits and pieces on the web that he's involved in that he's just happy with the money that he has coming in from those.
    I bet he's making nothing at all from his other websites because if you look at his other websites, its either discontinued very old software, or take the “Do my App” website for example. This Do My App site is a strange puppy.

It has no function at all. It doesn't allow you to create anything. The website doesn't even show a single screen shot of Do My App. How strange is that.

Regards
    James

Pic of the day....
    Simply launched v10, created a new DB and this is what it spat out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails day.jpg  

Yep, been there, seen that!

Looking at Do My App, tried to register and am waiting for email to activate account .......

matty1965, have a sit and wait.

I did summit my several months ago with no answer....

Again this guys do not respond any email or subscription. let's try some smoke signals lol

I'm just going to sit in a corner and cry .. and think what else I could have spent my 550 on :-(

Is there any other software similar to BD?

Maybe is time to look around before invest more money and time with BD don't you think?

Any suggestions welcome. I've not found anything close. That's what's so frustrating and sad about the whole situation!

Quote Originally Posted by matty1965 View Post
    I'm just going to sit in a corner and cry .. and think what else I could have spent my 550 on :-(
    I think we need to consider starting a new thread were we can suggest idea's on how to organise ourselves to get Brilliant Database to response, and take action.

Safe to say we all love the software, but support is a disgrace and nobody knows where we all stand with the software at this stage because Brilliant Database don't answer mail.

Regards
    James