Unanswered: Required property "<DB_NAME>" is unknown. ERRORCODE=-4222, SQLSTATE=08001

Hi there,

I'm having some issues when trying to connect to a remote DB2 database. The strange thing here is that sometimes it's OK but sometimes not, i.e. I cannot always reproduce this behaviour.

Caused by: ion: [jcc][t4][10380][11951][3.64.114] Required property "<DB_NAME>" is unknown host. ERRORCODE=-4222, SQLSTATE=08001

Where DB_NAME is the name of my host. The address can be resolved always using ping and nslookup. As I said, this only occurs from time to time. Does anyone know this issue? Maybe some configuration restriction on the number of active connections or X connections in a time bucket policy?

I'm new to DB2.

Provided Answers: 11
    try ip-address instead... dns is excluded in that case
    check with network-team
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified

Hi! Thanks for the reply.

I found out yesterday that the problem was the database resolving the address name. The confusion for me was the need of the database to translate the name and not only who starts the connection, but there must be a good explanation for that

Thanks again.