Provided Answers: 17

Unanswered: Organising Ourselves.

Hi guys.
    I think that it would be of great benefit to us all at this stage if we could organize ourselves in some way and come up with a plan to get brilliant database “the company” to listen. Be it a joint effort to draw them onto this forum to address us and the issues, or we all email them on the same day reporting the same issue and concerns while making reference to the fact we all know of each other and are communicating with each other.

I think we should use this thread to come up with suggestions and a plan.

The issues I have that need to be resolved in my opinion are...

1: The complete lack of support and communication.
    2: Outstanding bugs.
    3: No consideration for supporting existing customers after that dreadful price hike.

What ya think ?

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 54
    Organization of end users is a key to helping get the company on track, but using that organization to threaten or bombard them is both pointless and counter-productive.

I only know a few bits and pieces of this puzzle. I've never talked with anyone that works for the company, and while there are a few users of Brilliant Database here at DBForums, I can't believe that this can be even one percent of the entire user base. There are far more people that we have not heard from than those that we have, and the people that will make the decisions (Mikhail and crew) have probably never heard of DBForums much less ever visited here.

The company has a two edged sword and seem to be handling it quite poorly. One serious mistake and they'll be cutting off important pieces! This is definitely not in anyone's best interest.

As I've said in a prior thread, things just went bad a few days ago. It takes weeks to turn even a small, nimble business around. Mikhail seems to be in a tough spot right now with no people, probably not much money, and very few if any other resources. If that is the case, he may be depending on an influx of cash in order to keep going. The best that I would realistically expect might be to see a glimmer of change in 30 days and a full blown turn around in 120, but that is so optimistic that it could be considered a pipe dream by most business people.

If you truly want to see the company and the product prosper, you need to have patience. The single most productive thing that I can imagine would be to talk Mikhail, Tom, or another employee into joining this discussion. The second most productive thing would be to offer incentives rather than threats... If nothing else it helps to have someone you can discuss ideas with, and it is lots better if they are willing to help with mailing, contacts, or other resources.

It is still horrendously difficult to mail things from parts of Eastern Europe and the former USSR. Banking isn't as bad as it once was, but it is still a challenge. The whole entrepreneur concept is hard for many people to grasp, although the ones that do understand it seem to get it with a vengeance! If you can get Mikhail to talk, ask him how you can help... The things that he needs will probably surprise/shock you!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

I don't think it fair to say things have only just got bad. A look back through the forum will identify ongoing communication and support issues.

Provided Answers: 17
    Hi Pat.

Organization of end users is a key to helping get the company on track, but using that organization to threaten or bombard them is both pointless and counter-productive.
    Sure, totally agree. Just to be clear too, I'm also not suggestion that we should threaten or bombard them either. I know it was said in another thread as a joke, that's all it was, a joke.

I'm totally motivated to see Brilliant Database being a successful company because as an end user it will benefit me greatly and ensure continued development of the software.

I only know a few bits and pieces of this puzzle. I've never talked with anyone that works for the company, and while there are a few users of Brilliant Database here at DBForums, I can't believe that this can be even one percent of the entire user base. There are far more people that we have not heard from than those that we have, and the people that will make the decisions (Mikhail and crew) have probably never heard of DBForums much less ever visited here.
    Yeah your probably right but now some of us have found each other, and we share the same problems and frustrations. It will benefit everyone if we can bring this to Brilliant Database attention and help them resolve their issues.

I'm sure nobody here wants to see them fail. We all really like their product. It's the company's ability to communicate with their customers that seems to have totally broken down, and what I was hoping we could help them improve by having this thread and coming up with a means to bring our concerns to their attention.

As I've said in a prior thread, things just went bad a few days ago.
    Gulp... Sorry but this has been going on many many months. Well on almost a year in fact, maybe even much longer.

V10 alone was supposed to be released 9 months ago they would extend the date by 2 to 4 weeks each time and not answer email.

If you truly want to see the company and the product prosper, you need to have patience.
    I think I'm a super positive person and very patient. Maybe a little too excited at times, but it's only because I care, and I'm very concerned at the state of their support.

The single most productive thing that I can imagine would be to talk Mikhail, Tom, or another employee into joining this discussion.
    That's the trick, how do we manage to do that. I was hoping we could come up with a suggestion in this thread to help bring all this to their attestation.

It's in everyone interest. They sell software, and we get what we want. Win win for everyone.

Kind regards
    James

I'm not convinced that it should take 4 months to start communicating. He must be seeing (I assume) these support emails coming in. At the very least he can send a mass email to all those that have submitted bugs explaining what he is doing. I really can't see that money or time is a barrier to do that.

We just don't know that he is struggling with money or managing the business. That's just one possibility. For all we know he is out every night partying and asleep all day. We just don't know. I've given this guy the best part of 800 USD and think I can expect to have support issues responded to.

Matty

In the past I have downloaded every few weeks the Software.

Mikhail has never talked much about bugfixes but changed the Installationfile without notice.

I have asked him why not giving a notice about updates on his Website.
    He told me, that he simply forget this part of updating and bugfixes.

Each time I asked him, he wrotes back: Sorry, I have forgotten it - maybe next time...

So bugfixes will come, but no messages on the Web or by email...

Provided Answers: 2
    Should we wrote a letter as a template expressing our frustration on a new thread so all users can email it to all Brilliant Database members?

support@brilliantdatabase.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mikhail.lishin

Please share any other email from DB