Thread: Acs

Unanswered: Acs

in a db2 test server there is acs is installed what if i remove it coz it is occupying a lot space and i need to remove something. please help if anyone can

Provided Answers: 11
    I would not remove db2 code
    check for dump/trap...files in diagpath
    check if any dms container can be resized ...
    for details look at IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Information Center
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Acs

what if i move it ?

move what ?
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

i am new in db2 so i dont knw wht is the actual needs of acs wht if i move the whole acs directory to another location where i have enough space. coz it is in my /home mount point and it is 100% full.

this has nothing todo with knowing db2
    instead of just moving.. why not investigating which file/directory is using most of the space
    and checking how to resolve this : maybe move a tablespace...

there is a directory sqllib it is taking most of the space in sqllib acs is the most large. there are no table space here

if this directory is using most of the space -- I would recommend you, to assign more space to this filesystem as below sqllib you should never execute manual operation...
    remark : db2dump is also located in sqllib or not ? this can be moved with dbm cfg setting
    (see infocenter for command.. )