Unanswered: SQL server 2000 - Profiler error

Hi,

I am using profiler to execute procedure integrated into database ( I am not author and I dont know what is in procedure, until now procedure worked well ) and I get error like this

"ODBC: Msg 0, Level 16, State 1
    Cannot load the DLL C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL\Binn\xplog70.dell, or one of the DLLs it references. Reason: 126(The specified module could not be found.)."

I copied this file, xplog70.dll, from another computer with identical SQL server, to problematic computer, but that not helped

What should I try, before I reinstall SQL server ( I dont like that idea ) ?

Thanks in advance

Goran

Provided Answers: 54
    This is an old DLL file that was deprecated years ago... If you have upgraded a machine with multiple versions of SQL Server the latest version of xplog70.dll is often left behind and used by the legacy code.

Reinstalling SQL Server is the only fix that I can recommend, but you can achieve the same result by doing a "repair" that will fix this problem and any other related problems that are probably lurking.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Sorry I made mistake titleing the thread, not Profiler, but Query Analyzer

I fixed that error ( I cleaned Windows, found some malware ), but I now receive this error

"Server: Msg 6603, Level 16, State 1, Procedure sp_xml_preparedocument, Line 118
    XML parsing error: End tag was not expected at this location."

What should I do next ?
    Last edited by ciki022; 04-23-13 at 03:14.

Provided Answers: 54
    I can't say for sure, but it appears that the XML is malformed. I'd extract the XML, and use an XML validator to check it. If the XML is correct, then we'll need more details to help you. If it is not correct, get a valid set of XML and try using that.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.