Unanswered: IBM DataStudio - Character displaying issue

Hi

I am able to load Portugese data(with some special ascent characters) into UTF-8(Codepage 1208) Database successfully.But when it viewed from IBM data studio,data is displaying as NULL when a column has special ascent character.

AGENTNUMBER STATUS REHIRED ISPCATEGORY SALESFORCE NAME
    ----------- --------------------- ------- --------------- ---------- -----------------------------------
    1000 SRM NULL NULL NULL NULL
    1001 SDM NULL NULL Acidentes Alfredo Manuel Almeida Pais

Our developers are based at non portugal region and they need to query the data through IBM datastudio.

Windows codepage in our region is 437.

C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX>mode con cp

Status for device CON:
    ----------------------
    Code page: 437

Tried changing it to 65001,equivalent to UTF-8 for Windows,but no luck.

IBM Datastudio uses JAVA driver to connect and it has its own codepage hence the data is not converting properly.

Is there a way to override the codepage in datastudio? (I tried use set db2codepage=1208,it doesn't work).

Any other way to retrieve the portugese characters from data studio(changing drivers..etc)?

By the way when data is retrieved from CLP or Putty,it shows correctly.

Please advise how to resolve this.

Thanks

One of the languages supported by Data Studio is Portuguese Brazilian, but I assume you have select that language when Data Studio is installed (but not sure). I would try a fresh install of Data Studio on a computer and select that language.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

I reinstalled IBM Data Studio by selecting English and Portugues Brazilian but no luck.

Thanks