Unanswered: Help creating a pie chart

Help creating a pie chart format

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, I have browsed a few forums and am still having trouble creating a pie chart that has the proper layout that I would prefer.

I have created a query that will list the data I would like to organize into a pie chart. The query, when run, will prompt the user for a start date and an end date and then display the data in this form:

EmployeeX | SumofProject hours | SumofDemo Hours | SumofAdministration hours | SumofEtc hours (5 other categories of hours)
    EmployeeY | SumofProject hours | SumofDemo Hours | SumofAdministration hours | SumofEtc hours (5 other categories of hours)

OK, now that I have the data in this format I would like to create a report that includes tabs for each employee, each tab will have a pie chart that has one employee and a pie chart showing how their hours are allocated to each task. e.g. tab 1 would have Employee X and the pie chart would show what percentage of this employee's hours was dedicated to project/demo/admin/etc...

If anyone can help me set this up I would greatly appreciate it, currently when I am setting up a pie chart I have no idea how to specify that I only want the data to come from the field EmployeeX, on top of that I am not sure how to add more than one data series (i.e. the sum of projects and sum of demos etc...) Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Provided Answers: 14
    1. You cannot change the current page of a tab control when a report is in Preview. Use a Form, not a Report, or use a form to open a simple report for a given employee.

2. The number of pages of a tab control is not dynamic. You would have to redesign your Form (ex-Report) every time an employee is added to, or deleted from, the system. Use a listbox, a combobox, or possibly a subform in datasheet or continuous mode, to select an employee. A TreeView could also be used but this control is more difficult to initialize and use.
    Have a nice day!