Unanswered: ERP reviews - NAV vs. Costpoint

My company is reviewing small-mid size business ERPs,
    which are using MSSQL as their backend.
    (government contracting vertical)

Currently it is on an older version of Costpoint,
    considering whether it's worth upgrading to Costpoint 7

We're also considering a derivative of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013.

Any opinion on these platforms?
    Any negatives?

Any alternatives you would suggest?

My opinion is going to be a little jaded because the focus of my work is to work with Costpoint and Government Contractors, have been working with it for close to 15 years.

I've seen a lot of companies be sold on various flavors of Dynamics, only to end up with broken promises, convoluted business processes and a lot less money in the bank. A lot of them end up back on Costpoint.

Costpoint isn't cheap and isn't perfect, but if you're a government contractor, it's one of the best packages out there when it comes to maintaining compliance with all the requirements placed on contractors by the government. It's also one of the only packages out there that will do those things without extensive customization.

Costpoint 7 is a huge leap over v6 from a technology standpoint and covers a lot of the things that draw people to Dynamics, like being web-based, CMS integration, modern UI, etc..

I would try and find some companies that have gone that route and see what the pain points were for them, how much it really ended up costing, how much custom code they have and are they satisfied with the move.

If you want to talk about it in more detail, send me a message and I'd be happy to send you my contact info.
    drew
    ------------------
    http://wjtechnologies.com