Unanswered: how to increase log file size

can anybody help me to increase log file size i need this badly

Provided Answers: 11
    UPDATE DATABASE CONFIGURATION command - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    check logfilsiz (db needs to be de-activated / activated/connected to become effective)
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

will it wotk if i only increase the Log file size or i need to Number of primary log files and Number of secondary log files also

each option can be set as needed
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

thnx for your quick kind reply but my problem is i have allocate space from my system team now i wan to change the parameter because my operation team is facing problem of "The transaction log for the database is full. SQLSTATE=57011 " error so if i change the logfilsiz will it be help full or i need to increase primary and secondary log size.

on another test server when i tried to find the port number i get below ioyput how can i find the port number as i knw the port to connect from data studio

bash-3.2$ db2 get dbm cfg | grep SVCE
    TCP/IP Service name (SVCENAME) =
    SSL service name (SSL_SVCENAME) =

if svcename is not set - db2 instance is not listening for tcpip connections
    if set : db2stop/start is needed
    q1 : increase logfilsiz and logsecond (max primary+second=255)

Boss tnx for you quick response below is the information of my database log

Log file size (4KB) (LOGFILSIZ) = 20000
    Number of primary log files (LOGPRIMARY) = 50
    Number of secondary log files (LOGSECOND) = 200

primary+secondary is 250 so i think i cannot increase these i have plan to increase the size of Log file to 20000 to 40000. so u think this will help me to solve the transaction log full problem.

depending on the logspace needed for this specific transaction