Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Downgraded compatibility level of distribution database?

Here's an odd one.
    We're running 2008 R2 on servers used for replication. The distribution databases naturally had a compatibility level of 100.
    Last night I applied Service Pack 2, and today I see that the compatibility levels on both distribution database were downgraded to 90 (Version 2005).

I can't find anything on the internet about this.

Any idea why it occurred? Should I try bumping it back up to 100? These are just development and test servers, but I'll be applying the service pack to our production servers shortly.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by blindman View Post
    Here's an odd one.
    We're running 2008 R2 on servers used for replication. The distribution databases naturally had a compatibility level of 100.
    Last night I applied Service Pack 2, and today I see that the compatibility levels on both distribution database were downgraded to 90 (Version 2005).

I can't find anything on the internet about this.

Any idea why it occurred? Should I try bumping it back up to 100? These are just development and test servers, but I'll be applying the service pack to our production servers shortly.
    I don't see why it would either unless it was changed in the service pack? No harm resetting the compatibility level. On the other hand I have 19 databases on a SQL Server 2008 R2 and the compatibility levels go from 2000, 2005, and 2008 R2. Tried to install a vendor script and opps..db is 2000.